View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #7
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresCutePiggies View Post
She sounds a lot like Rory! We use Vet Solutions weekly during her bath. She actually likes having it squirt into her ears even before the massage and shake part. Little weirdo!
I wish mine liked having their ears done! They tolerate it pretty well but I could never say they liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Which ones have you tried?

My favorite was Chlorhexiderm, but the company is less than stellar.

EpiOtic should work well. I hate the smell.

NolvaClens may also work.

Some here use Vet Solutions.

Ellie's ears smell weird too. I've come to like it though. lol. The cleaners probably don't work because it's just covering up the smell. I don't think you'll find one that does. I wonder if there is a small amount of yeast in there that they just can't see. Ellie almost always has a little bit. I've heard that a very small amount of yeast in the ears can be normal (but not on the skin). Have they ever swabbed and looked at it under the microscope?

You might get their okay to try something like Zymox for a week or two and see how it works.
I've tried Vet Solutions, Epi-Otic, Zymox (just the cleanser), and a couple of others I bought off the store shelves, as well as the one she's on now (the vet sent it home with her but I'm drawing a blank on the name right now - it's the one that works best so far). I don't think I've ever tried the Chlorhexiderm and I've never heard of NolvaCleanse so I can give both of those a try.

I wonder if I'm cleaning her ears correctly? Do you swab the ears out or just put the drops in and massage? I usually swab just a little ways into the ear and then wipe off the outer flap.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!