View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicetheYorkie View Post
I figured out a way that the dogs can't get to the litter box at home too (mine are in the basement now and cats can get there because they fit between the banister railings and dogs can't, so we put a babygate up to block the dogs), but every time we visit my grandmother - Alice goes straight for the litter box.

Another idea if you can manage to invest in one and you're cat won't be freaked out is use an automatic cleaning litter box. A rake goes across the entire box triggered by a sensor after the cat leaves the box and pushes it into a resivoir, so there's no poop in there except for a few seconds after kitty is done. The For-Bid does work though, only problem is you may have to keep using it periodicaly.

We have to move in with my mom for a few months while our new house gets fixed up - there will be a total of 3 cats in the house and there's no place to "hide" the boxes like at my current house, so I'll be investing in two of those. Kills two birds with one stone too much easier to clean the box.

That doesn't work LOL..I have the litter mate...that sensor is set to rake up 10 minutes after the cat get out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!