View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno baby View Post
Hello all.

I'm not sure how many out there have had this similar situation, but I thought I would check here first.

Come September I plan on moving to Hawaii, for approximately 2 years. As a mother would not leave her baby I am not leaving my Uno on the mainland. There are many regulations for flying dogs to Hawaii, as it is a rabies free state and there are quarantine rules, lots of paper work, etc. I will do anything it takes, however my problem is.....

Dogs cannot fly in the cabin to Hawaii. Anywhere else, sure. Hawaii? Nope. I have checked all airlines... The only option would be flying him as cargo My stomach turns when I think of this. I cannot imagine my baby in a dark crowded area with tons of luggage and risking something bad happening to him. I have seen stories on the news here and there about pets dying during transit, and I'm in a real predicament. Also, i've opened my suitcase before and my stuff is all jumbled in there...so...what would happen to a pup in a cage?!

Has anyone out there flown their baby to Hawaii as cargo? If not, can anyone please share with me their stories if they have flown their dog as cargo, not in the cabin? Good or bad....I want to hear it all. I'm completely stressed over this situation. It is a lengthy process to get a pet over there so I need to start soon....but I'm scared. My friend has flown her dog as cargo twice and it seemed to go ok....but who knows what the dog went through...Someone help.
Okay, I could be totally uninformed here...but aren't there ships that go to Hawaii? Cruise types? Could you get there that way with your dog? I have absolutely no idea if this is available but it'd be worth checking out. and I believe if you "kennel" your dog now (in the US/proof of such) you don't have to have it quarantined/kenneled there. There's been discussion of that here before.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!