View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #6
Foster Mom
YT Addict

Yorkies are such heard dogs to breed, so much can go wrong because of their size. I know from experience as we had an accidental litter. My own fault as I did not have my girl spayed in time and I had an intact boy (he was a show dog). Were you trying to breed? Have you done all your reasearch on this? Are you prepared for a possible c section? A dog can get pregnant only tying once. She is a small girl. My girl was 8 pounds when she gave birth and she had a c section, then for the next year I spent 17,000.00 keeping her alive and healthy, yes 17,000.00 in one year!!

I have nothing but praise for those who breed these guy and do it well, but it is not something one should do without experience or the help of a good breeder very nearby. Ar you prepared for the possibility of losing your girl?

I am not trying to sound mean, but as I said I am speaking from experience and it was a year of complete hell that followed. Thank God my girl survived!!!

I wish you luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!