Thread: I Am Worried
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
Susan78
YT 1000 Club Member

Default I Am Worried

Could anyone help me on this problem? My little Kinder turned one years old on April 3,2011. Anyways on April 18 she had some bouts with emptying out with diarrea. I thought this was strange so I took her in and my vet diagnosed her with campylobacter infection . He put her on amoxicillan and she cleared up with normal hard stools. Also he gave her FortiFlora for her intestines. I quit giving her bullysticks because my vet said he had some problems with dogs having them. Anyways all is fine until last Wedneday she empied out with real mushy poop. Right away I brought her in and they could not find anything with her poop sample just some irratation with a plant material. I give her pineapple for poop eating which I probably could of stopped because she doesn't eat her poop anymore. My vet gave her 1ml.of metronadazole twice a day for 5 days and said to keep her on the fortiFlora. Stopped the pineapple. Two days later after her morning dose of Metronadazole she was not herself just tired. Called the vet and he said to stop her meds if her poop was normal which it was. By afternoon she was great and playful. Saturday she had her normal poops and the last one was at 9:30pm. Yesterday Sunday she was full of life but did not poop til 3:30pm in the afternoon which was 18 hours and it was a mushy pile. Then again at 8:15pm another mushy poop. I called my vet and he said if she is eating and drinking and feels good wait til today. It is almost noon and she has not pooped so that is over 13 hours. I feed her Fromms Whitefish and Fromms Chicken but now I quit the chicken on her. She gets Zukes mini natural treats and Fromms Lowfat cheese and not too many. May 1st she got her first Heartguard Plus but she seemed fine. I hope she doesn't have a partial blockage. She ate good today and happy and full of life. Any suggestions? I am going to call my vet after lunch. Thanks Oh she is not outside and not around other dogs.

Last edited by Susan78; 05-09-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Susan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!