View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:17 PM   #56
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
I am sorry if this breeder is a good friend of yours Kimberley, but I am going to say it...this is a perfect example of a breeder not putting the best interest of the animal first.
This poor bitch had demonstrated twice that she was incapable of carrying a litter to whelping time...but she was rebred for the third time. I will not ask why, because there is no legitimate reason. She could have been a world champion and the end of her line and the breeding should not have been done.
The bitch was allowed to labor far too long..why the wait? The only reason is, the possible prevention of the cost of C-section..there is no other legitimate reason to allow a bitch in obvious trouble to wait a few more hours..the sooner the section, the better. Each hours you wait, the poorer the bitches condition to undergo surgery.

This was a no win breeding from the start..and a breeder knew it, but did it anyway. I am angry, very angry.
Thanks, Pat! A good friend, not really but we do talk about once a month.

I agree...I would not have bred her this time, either with her history. Nor would I have allowed her to go as long as she did...I would have done it after 1 1/2 hours.

I understand your frustration. Tinkerbell went 4 hours from start of hard labor to c-section prep and start of surgery.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!