View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default How does your dog respond to confrontation?

Jackson doesn't really like confrontation. At the dog park, he is very laid back, like if a dog is being too obnoxious or pushy, he generally just is good at ignoring. He's REALLY good at reading doggy language -- like if a certain dog is playing really rough, he will play rough back. If the dog is acting gentle, he's good at playing gentle, too. If some dog wants to chase him, he will openly let them. If he wants to be chased, he will initiate play with a dog he thinks will run after him. If a dog is humping him, he generally ignores, or will play back. He even usually loves annoying puppies! He accommodates his play style for different dogs.

He has never started a fight in any way -- I can't ever see him growling at a person, or even most dogs really (he playgrowls during play). With that said, if a dog starts a full on fight with him, he won't back down and he will fight back. Like, once my dads dog, Buddy, and him one time both jumped off the couch at the same time and headed straight for the SAME bully stick. Well Buddy wigged out and started a brawl with Jackson, well Jackson definitely went after him and fought back for himself. He will certainly finish a fight. He's been in only 2 big dog fights, one with Buddy and one with Lilly, my dads other dog.

How do your dogs react to confrontation? Are they pushy, submissive, don't care, etc?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!