View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
I like to separate vaccines by at least 4 weeks. DHPP one month, Rabies the next. Bordatella if needed the next,Lepto if needed the next month. At least until they make a vaccine that is dosed by the weight of the dog.

Have you read this article: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...ml#post3519563

May help you make your decisions...

I did read an article (don't know if it was that one) regarding not over-vaccinating...
Times are different that's for sure. Makes you wonder what the right thing to do really is. When I was growing up apparently our family never had our dogs vaccinated and they all lived to a ripe old age.
All the dogs I had previous to the Yorkies got their first set of shots and that was it, all died of old age. But that was 'country/small town living' - vets didn't think multiple shots were necessary. 'get 'em through puppyhood and they'll be good to go' was the attitude by vets then and there.
Our regular vet said the first three set were the most important + rabies (but he says that's just to spare your dog being quarantined in the event of biting someone as the likelihood of actually getting rabies is so small)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!