View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
ArmaniMan
I ♥ Armani & Chloe
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcmsw View Post
What does everyone think of this:

I recently took one of my Yorkies to get microchipped (to a vet who isn't our regular vet) and <background:> the first two sets of shots were given by her regular vet and the third set of shots were given by me ( third shots: the vaccines/needle/instructions how to give were provided to me by her regular vet ).
the microchipping vet asked if she was current on her shots, to which I replied yes and told them the above. They, in turn, said we won't see her again unless she has duplicate shots because they don't recognize the shots given by me. (no problem, I'm not planning on taking her back/was only there for microchipping) I asked if they were concerned about over-vaccinating. They said, "oh no, they can have those shots over and over again - that's what we do with strays, they could have a set of shots every month without a problem"
Now hearing that I'm thinking maybe they are just saying that in case there ever is a problem they'd blame the problem on something else.
I don't agree with them, but I'm not a vet...what do you think of this?
That I do not agree with at all. You can not vaccinate a dog every month and expect no problems, seriously?! a vet said that! Of course they never want to blame vaccines for anything- I had a cat growing up who was diagnosed with "injection site sarcoma" and they STILL tried to blame other things as "predisposing factors".

Armani & Chloe
ArmaniMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!