View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I agree with armaniman

I don't think I'd ever skip out on the 1yr boosters.... and to be honest, I'm still unsure about what I am going to do.

Jackson got as follows:
8 weeks - DHPP
12 weeks - DHLPP (had a reaction to lepto- so never again)
15 weeks - DHPP
6 months old - rabies (he got this later just due to me being nervous about it).

Then at 1 year old, he got a booster of DHPP and about a month later, got the rabies booster.

We will definitely be doing rabies every 3yrs per our state law. I still, however, feel like that is WAY over doing it but I'd rather comply with the law and don't think it's worth the risk to *not* get it.

As for the DHPP, my vet told me he was going to be due again in 3yrs (so, when he turns 4). He will turn 3 in October of this year so I've got a bit to think about it... I think I am going to opt not to get it. Or just get one more booster of DHPP when he turns 4 and THEN be done with it for the rest of his life.

The only "non core" vaccine we do is bordatella. We frequent dog parks, pet stores, and are around way too many other dogs for us not to get it. The few times I let the vaccine lapse, he got kennel cough (twice) and it's just annoying, so I'd rather have him get the squirt up his nose every year.

I forgot about boratella, although I think that is one I will get always. She is also around other dogs especially at work and parks etc, Some also have had kennel cough at work and its awful. I think I would rather give bordatella then deal with KC.

Good advice about Rabies Thanks!

I guess what I have to decide later, is if to continue with DHPP later on in life..

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 05-02-2011 at 06:54 PM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!