View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Vaccine Advice Please!

I am really confused when it comes to regular vaccines. I have heard and read so many horror stories of over vaccinating and now I don't know what to do.

Taycie is due next for her next set of shots on the 16th of June. This will be her 1yr booters. She is getting her booters and bordatella and then I go back 2 weeks later for Rabies. I like to seperate shots.

Then I am done... I guess.. My vet suggests every 3 yrs for Boosters and then obviously Rabies. My question is what do you do? What are you comfortable with?

My other concern is insurance. I have Trupanion for Taycie. I am concerned if she is not current on her vaccines and something horrible happens will they end up denying my claim because I did not provide preventative care?

I also have found a holistic vet in the area that will do teeter tests. I am not sure what these are??? The lady I buy my dog food from recommended her to me. She also told me, apparently, the county will accept teeter tests instead of the actual Rabies shot. She also said it's been over 10 yrs since she has done Rabies shots to any of her pets.

Please help... I am so confused.. I also feel bad leaving my vet.. for another

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 05-02-2011 at 05:42 PM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!