Thread: 7 week pup
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regmi View Post
Well Snoopy seems to pee near the training mat, however the pooping is a different story. Should I just let it slide until we can take him outside or let it slide. I was also wondering what age I should take him outside (1 month?) We're giving him shots next month.

Also, is it strange for Yorkies to sit around with their eyes slightly open? He lays in his bed and it looks like he's sleeping, but when I look closer his eyes are slightly apart and he wakes up immediately.
Getting them to poop on the pads usually takes longer than peeing. I have the same issue but she's getting better. Most people said to have two pads since alot of the dogs don't want to pee and poo in the same place. Alice does the "poop walk" and now she'll start going on the pad but then the rest is right next to it lol. So, try putting a second pad down and see if that helps

He's 7 weeks old right? (I'm assuming when you asked and typed 1 month you meant 2?) He can go outside in your own yard only and only if you have no other dogs that wander into it ever if it's not fenced in. You just don't want him anywhere there are other dogs until he has all his shots done (prob. around 4 months old). It's not so much age that matters, just if he's been fully vaccinated and more about other dogs, not about being outside.

Most dogs do the "kind of sleeping, eyes partially open thing", that's normal as long as he also sleeps deeply a few times a day. He probably wants to stay awake, but gets so tired that his eyes droop. He's really young, so he needs lots of sleep. If he seems really tired like that, maybe put him somewhere with very little activity so he can rest better, nothing to worry about though, all my dogs do that.

How's he been eating for you?

Last edited by AlicetheYorkie; 04-26-2011 at 11:11 AM.
AlicetheYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!