Thread: 7 week pup
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Oh cute!!! Congratulations on your new pup!

I got my ZoE really young too (6 weeks) due to medical issues with the mom. She was a good size pup and I'd had yorkies before so her breeder let her go to me early. There are some issues with a younger pup..mainly feeding & socialization/biting. Make sure you keep feeding him at least 4 times a day while he's so young. It helps to keep his blood sugars stable. Get him some soft stuffed toys to chew on, a nylabone & a hard rubber chew toy like a Kong. Discourage him from biting your hands and when he does give him one of his toys to chew instead. It's alot easier to divert the biting now than it would be to try to train him to not bite your hands after doing it for weeks on end.

A nicely padded hamper is fine for a day or two, as long as the sides are high enough that he can't climb over the top & hurt himself. I'd really recommend that you get a playpen to confine him. That way you'll have room to put a bed & pee pad & toys, and you'll have a safe place to leave him when you are gone from home.

Don't take him for walks in public places until he's had all his shots. Playing inside is fine for now. Being so young, he'll tire quickly & take lots of naps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!