Thread: 7 week pup
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Regmi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default 7 week pup

Two days ago I received my Yorkie pup from a breeder I found in a newspaper, being a first time dog buyer I didn't realize that 7 weeks was far too young to take a pup from it's mother, however I guess it's too late to dwell on that now.

I read through many posts on your forums and I was just hoping to clear up / verify some things and to hopefully get some advice too. Since we received the pup we've put him in a hamper with blankets in it to sleep, and I'm planning on picking up a create either today or tomorrow. Should I remove the pup from the hamper or is it fine for now? (He's sleeping in it at the moment, and we keep him in it at night)

He's been eating the dog food that the breeders provided for us, I'm hoping someone could recommend that kind of food we should switch to (He's been eating the pellets okay, he has most of his teeth by now) We've been feeding him 3-4 times a day, and we take the bowl away after he's done eating.

One of the main concerns I have is with it's social learning. Right now he's chewing on anything in sight, I only have balls right now for him to play with and he doesn't seem to be very interested in them. I was wondering how I should play with him, and how often, and when I should start taking him for walks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I could really use some help
Regmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!