Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
StefC
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help!!!

Hello, l'm new here, and I need help from people who know. My 3yr old Yorkie is/was pregnant with 2 puppies. Last Thursday she was taken to the vet for a check up and they xrayed her and we saw the two pups.

Yesterday she was taken back to the vet because we thought she was going into labor, she was producing milk and her vulva was swollen and purple, he examined her and said she was in the first stage of labor and within 24hrs she would have her puppies. I sat with her all afternoon and most of the night by her and her nest.

This morning came with no puppies, the breeder suggested we take her back, we did and they xrayed her again and did and ultrasound and said there where no puppies, but yet the birth canal was complety open as if she was ready to deliver.

The vet advised us to go home and look for puppies, we did and nothing was found. There was NO SIGN of anything at all. But she is STILL producing milk and her vulva is still swollen and purple,and she continues to lay in her nest away from the other dogs.

Some one please help!!! Has this happened to you ??? Have you heard about this? We don't want to give up on the pups!
StefC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!