View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
ziggy925
YT 500 Club Member

I started with Ruger in my bed, then moved him to his own bed, then let him sleep in my bed again. When I'm with my girlfriend he does like to squeeze in between us not because he's trying to break us up, but he just likes the security of it.

I can get him out of the bed into his own bed, so it's not impossible to train the dog to sleep in his own bed, yet allow him into your bed when you want. You must teach the dog that the bed is yours, not his. That's important. Keep moving him (them) off the bed until you allow him (them)on. Now I can snap my fingers and say "off" and he gets off the bed. If I keep doing this he will stay off.

The other big thing that people don't seem to understand is to stop allowing the dog to pick a spot on the bed that you have to sleep around. If you move the dog out of the way he will move around you. You should't be moving around him.

Sounds like you will have plenty of time to work on this, and I really believe you can have it both ways. If the dogs are happy off the bed I doubt she will be upset with you, and I think she can call them in without upsetting the work you did to get them out.
ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!