View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
Once she leaves next week, you can get them used to sleeping in their pens. They will probably cry for a few nights, but as long as you ignore them they will quiet down. Then when she comes home and sees how content they are maybe she will continue to have them sleep there.

I would however, recommend you let them sleep together in the same pen. They won't be as lonely if they have each other to cuddle up to.
I'd let it go for now so your gf can have as much comfort as needed before she leaves, but then you should be able to get them very happy in their crate at night while she's gone. Maybe even buy them a new bed for in it before she comes home so she sees that you do care about their comfort. Then you can discuss it further (gently) when she returns.

My Beagle slept in bed with me since she was a puppy (when I was 19 and single) and when I moved in with my husband (6 years later), he didn't want her there. I fought him on it for a while, but then I agreed to try a few nights with her on the couch and it was much more comfortable and she was perfectly fine. My Yorkie sleeps in a kennel in our bedroom. She cried the first few nights but only for a few minutes and now by the time I go to bed, she's so tired she gladly walks right into that kennel to "go to bed" herself
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!