View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #68
katienme2002
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I could not agree with this more, which is why we are all lucky, as a community, that the experienced breeders are still willing to help...despite the fact that they take so much heat for helping. Vets can be EXcellent diagnosticians, but when it comes to things like whelping, breeding, nutrition, specialty diagnoses - they have their limits, as they should.

Lauren, I would say this as I would to any good friend: take some deep breaths!!! Several people are trying to support you through making a healthy decision for your beloved girl. This is a very emotional decision, so please bear that in mind as you respond to people.

I see very supportive and helpful posts here. I see concern both about your girl, and about you.

Don't beat yourself up about what happened . Mistakes happen to all of us. Let the mistake go, and focus now on doing what is best for the best outcome.

I can only say what I'd think I'd do if I was in your situation: I'd have a spay immediately. Whelping, as we've seen here at YT, can often be life or death - even for those whom are most experienced.

There is no easy decision here, but I think there is one that would be the most safe and the most predictable for your kiddo.

Like I said, don't forget to take some deep breaths, have an open mind to suggestions, and try not to read into things in such a way that it clouds the message of the poster.

You do have support, so use it!

:thum bup:

katienme2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!