Thread: confession
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Taryn0405
Owned by a Gremlin
Donating Member

Embarassed confession

Okay I think its best I come clean on here with regards to Gizmo.

I was at my husbands local mall when I saw that there was a puppy store. I did not want to go in knowing where those puppies come from. However I had to go in, i had to see for myself so I could either report them to the humane society and I don't know maybe to settle my own uncertainty with pet stores in general.

What I saw didn't surprise me, all the dogs were locked in 3 x 3 cages. Some had multiple dogs in one cage while the bigger ones were by themselves. No toys just a water bottle.

I didn't think I could take it anymore until I saw these big bat ears and brown eyes staring at me. I said to my husband "get him out now!" So, we took this little boy yorkie out whose fur was sticky, he needed a bath and a brush, and had a runny nose and was sneezing. He cuddled up right to me and when my then fiance now husband bent down he bit his goatee and almost tried to jump into my husbands arms.

I told my husband that all dogs deserved a home and I couldn't live with myself knowing this little boy was locked away in a pen laying sometimes in his own poop.

We took him home and now he's our puppy. I've had full medical tests done to him to see how much damage the stupid let store has done and everything has come back and he had a respiratory infection that we treated with antibiotics. However I will never condone that puppy store or their actions. But I could not leave my furbaby there.

I know that ill get judged for where I got him but I had to get it off my chest especially if there are those out there like me that let their heart speak first before their brain.

Trying to convince my husband to let me get another furbaby so we are searching for a local good breeder or shelter.
Taryn0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!