View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Gatord
♥ Jack & Josie ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
Sorry about the troubles that you are having to deal with. But the way it sounds to me is that she needs all of the puppy love and affection she can get before deployment. That being said, Where does that leave you? The answer: sleeping in a separate room by yourself, while she and the two Yorkies are enjoying some much needed quality time! Which sounds pretty crappy to me....

I would suggest talking to her, let her know how you feel while keeping in mind not to hurt her feelings or say anything negative about her relationship with her two boys. Most people are very attracted to their animals and consider them part of the family. Like children in some ways! "Never mess with a mamma bear and her cubs" Explain to her that you need your quality time Too. And that by the dogs being in the bed it is taking away from your relationship. Try to suggest NO DOGS in the bed a few days a week, be sure to specify which days so that there will be no backing out of it. That way the two of you can work on your relationship and get the much needed quality time that all relationships need.   or To just catch up on some much needed sleep next to you sweetheart.

Just remember you will have an entire year to get the dogs cage trained in whatever manner you think will work best for you and the dogs. There are a lot of really good cage training tips here on YT , start reading now!

Good Luck !
I like the part in red, and it is very well put. I like it.

On the other hand....... My two sleep with me and I would not have it no other way. If I move they will move to get near me. Sometimes sleeping for me is rough. But I would not have it no other way. I have sometimes even gotten up and went to spare bed, but they follow me.

Caution the way you approach that subject.
Gatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!