View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #50
ElainaS
Yorkie Talker

Default To ConcreteGurl from Elaina

RESPONSE to Complaint by Shannon: I am Elaina Shelborne, the breeder. I was made aware of this complaint only yesterday (by a friend) and am very shocked and disappointed at the venomous complaint Shannon has placed and more so at the number of complete untruths and misrepresentation of the facts. Firstly, I have never lied about my breding practices and after all my many years of breeding I have never had a complaint of this nature, until now. I think that my track record alone speaks for itself. I am human of course and have encountered sev. issues over approx. 20yrs of breeding naturally, however, nothing to the degree you are presenting and I have always catered to my buyers to their upmost satisfaction. You state that I have numerous complaints from AKC (only 1 that I am aware of in 20 yrs) and Animal Control??as well as other complaints?? Where are you getting your information from I would like to know....???

Secondly, as stated, I was NOT THE BREEDER who bred this dog, and that i had in fact purchased him myself from a Florida breeder (who i gave you information on, you contacted, spoke with her regarding medical history of his parents, and then SHE WAS THE ONE WHO ceased communicating with you NOT ME, yet I did everything I could to work with you. You purchased Elvis who was listed as PET ONLY and not of breeding quality as stated. You however still wanted to purchase him to breed with your white female that you were going to use to breed. As stated, he was being sold as pet only (as the ad stated) and within his AKC papers. I also NEVER at any time claimed to show dogs as you've stated but in fact state that I am a hobby breeder with occasional show quality dogs.., another misrepresentation.

As stated, Elvis was vet checked and groomed prior to his arrively, and definitely DID NOT have fleas, or a worn collar (or imbedded) as you seem to be saying as he normally didn't wear a collar ...NEVER..did that happen. Just that fact that you seem to feel the need to embellish and make up these lies again reminds me of why i did not see the need to give in to all the veil threats received and untruths i encountered while dealing with you. As i stated i did not think it was in my or the pups best interest to ship a puppy to from DE to CA to you based on the information you had given me, even when i felt that I wanted to make you happy as a customer, and did in fact offer you a replacement pup. The only reason you did not receive it is NOT because you did not want it or refused it, as you stated in your other complaint, but because you did not furnish the information from your vets as requested in order to prove your claims. The vet records you sent, in fact, proved nonconclusive and did not indicate any responsibility on the breeders part. As I stated I was willing to work with you as I was the seller (but not the original breeder) of the dog due the fact that you stated you wanted a breeder for your female. But again after all the confusing data and paperwork that did not substantiate your claims, I did not feel that it was appropriate to ship another pup to you based on that alone. I additionally stated that if and when you had the paperwork, we could deal with it and never at any cut off communication..I was also the one that told you about the larger kennel at the airport, not the airline contacting you, or sending you pictures, or receiving any complaint from some kennel..I am not sure why you feel the need to tell so many lies about what actually happened.

I find it very interesting that you now are claiming Elvis arrived in bad condition which is completely to the contrary of what you stated to me after his arrive, that he was clean, happy and more beautiful than his pictured represented..etc. nor does that mesh with the photo you sent me also holding him and smiling with the note of how pleased you were and that he was settling in perfectly (no mention of fleas, imbedded collars as you added in your other complaint). Yet now, you are claiming he was flearidden, embedded collar, arthritic (first i heard of this one too). I had stated he was due to have his teeth clean but they were certainly not rotten or bad as you claim. I also NEVER refused to allow vet records as you claimed???and sent with him all his current records and had emailed all his puppy pics etc BEFORE you even purchsed him, and dont get the x/o kibble comment at all..he wasn't microchipped but you knew this when you purchased him as that was one of the questions you asked, so again that is a LIE also, and I NEVER refused further contact with you or blamed you for anything so I am not sure why you feel the need to make up these things other than to defamate my name. Each time I read another post you have added more details and told more lies than I care to address.

I know you were disappointed when you did not get the free puppy you wanted but again, you did not fulfill you requirement according to the health guarantee to furnish proof that his illness was somehow breeding related or my fault...or even that he diagnosis was actually Epilepsy as you stated. And after speaking to your vets office, they were not able to either. So I am sorry, it did not work out for you but as I stated, I would have fully lived up to my responsibility as a breeder had that been the case. I am sorry you feel the need to slander me and make so many additional outright lies to prove your case, but again I am not surprised, given my past dealing with you. I found you to be vicious and vindictive in nature even then after all your veil threats and hostile emails when I did not go along with your program. Perhaps if you had handled things differently I might have been more inclined to work with you further. you also received a partial refund which was never mentioned. At any rate, as for the website, it has not been updated in some time as you can tell, so yes Elvis is still on there as well as several others that I have already placed (this will be rectified shortly) and there are NO pups listed from Elvis or anyone else as you again falsely stated so not sure where that is coming from either, as I have had very few pups lately due to time constraints, and I definitely DO NOT have 7-12 litters per year as you stated so I am not sure where you are getting this from?? and I NEVER sent you any pics of mommies and puppies in cages (another lie) and I challenge anyone reading this to ask you for those pictures you claim I sent, because they DO NOT EXIST..as for his 2 pups, they are still with me and will be, even tho it has not been proven that they are carriers or even that Elvis is truly is..I found it odd that he was here 2 years without incident or seizures yet 2 months after you have him he is having episodes, this may be just a timing issue or again another medical problem that the vet was not able to pinpoint, however, again I NEVER blamed you or denied anything, I simply did not have all the facts to make a determination...so for that reason, the pups will stay with me as our vet has been unable to substantiate your claims either in his offspring...but they are still young. And again, I never cut off contact with you and always welcomed any new on Elvis and how he was doing was that is another of the numerous lies you've told in this review. I hope that he is doing well and i am glad that you feel you are giving him the best home possible. He deserves no less. And again, I am sorry you are so bitter and vindictive and that this was not the transaction you envisioned. Sometimes this does happens, it has happened to me also, tho I have never chosen to handle things in quite the same manner as you have. Best wishes to you and Elvis.

In conclusion, I ALSO have all the emails and copies of the vet records Shannon sent to me, and would be more than happy to share this information with anyone who feels Shannon's claims have any REAL validity.

My email is elainas@hotmail.com and my phone number is 302-422-4153.

As I stated before, if you think you have a case then by all means sue..And if you continue with all the blatant lies and defamation, I will have no option but to defend my good name that I have taken years to build. I have always treated my buyers fairly and with honesty and the upmost respect. If you can prove otherwise, please do so..otherwise you really need to cease and decise with all the dramatic postings and embellishments and outright lies. The facts, I can deal with and will deal with head-on but the rest I will not tolerate, nor should I be expected to. Elaina Shelborne

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 04-05-2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Removed name and derogatory word
ElainaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!