View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Mister Big
Yorkie Yakker

Default Training to go outside/ Is he holding it too long? Help!

I got my 15 week old Yorkie when he was 9 weeks. When we got him, we used puppy pads because the weather was so cold and he was so small. Potty pads were hit or miss. Yesterday, we have started training to go outside to potty. We take him out when we wakes up, after naps, meals, playtimes, and any time he stiffs or circles. He stays in his small crate anytime we aren't playing with him. Yesterday, he did great. It did take a while for him to "go" when we took him out, but he eventually did the deed. This morning I took him out from 6:15-7:30, and he did not go at all. I put him back in his crate until 8:00, then he came out to eat/drink. I put him back in his crate for 15 minutes, then took him outside for attempt # 2. I waited from 8:25-8:45. He still did not pee, but did poop. I had to get ready for a meeting so he went back in his crate. At 9:25 I took him out for attempt # 3. At 9:50, I had to leave so he went back into his crate. I got home at 11:30am. His crate was still clean. When I took him outside, we were out there for 30-45 minutes. An unleashed dog came over and jumped on my pup, literally scaring the pee out
of him. So that was at 12:15ish. He hadn't peed since last night at 8:30pm!! It worries me that he is holding it so long. Any ideas or suggestions would be great! I don't know of I'm doing something wrong. HELP!! How often should he need to pee? I know he's just learning. It's only his 2nd day of going outside. But I don't want to make him hold it so long- but there was nothing I could do to get him to go.
Mister Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!