View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Dzbabykel
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Hi All
Bella was 9 months on the 17th of March and had two of her baby teeth not come out. The adult teeth had also come through, so she had two sets of teeth. I had made an appointment with the vet to have them removed when I returned to Canada from Florida. I was brushing her teeth yesterday and was surprised to see one of them had come out on their own. I am so hoping the other one does the same thing. I had asked on a previous post if anyone thought the teeth would come out on their own and the general concensus was if her baby teeth were not out by 7 months they would have to be taken out. I just wanted to let everyone who has a yorkie that is retaining their teeth not to get discouraged if they seem to be taking a long time to lose them. I called my vet to see if I should still go through with the dental appointment and she said we would wait a little longer to see if she loses the other one.
Yeah I had a bit of a nightmare with Oliver's baby teeth. I had originally planned on getting him neutered and having his baby teeth removed all at once at 7 months, but his vet said we should wait to see if he loses his teeth. I waited til 11 months and took him in to get everything done (neuter, baby teeth removal and microchipping) and they told me that he had 14 baby teeth that STILL hadn't come out!! At $63 per tooth you can imagine my jaw dropped to the floor, but it was done and Ollie doesn't look like a little shark anymore with his layers of teeth lol. I wish I hadn't been so paranoid when he was playing tug of war with me about hurting him haha, maybe more of his teeth WOULD have fallen out!!

But yes his vet stressed to me the importance of removing them due to bacterial infections that could arise in their tiny mouths due to all the crowding. So make sure to have them removed!
Dzbabykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!