View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Looks like when we first saw the signs of Princess being allergic to fleas...vet treated for bacteria infection, I thought it was exposure to other dogs and the places we were going etc...it stopped until we took in a stray we found...started again...then we saw fleas (nasty nasty nasty) and she got a "hot spot" I flipped out-I though (they appear so quickly) she had been cut or impaled on somethign and rushed to the vet-it was flea allergies and despite the Frontline Plus the mildest exposure to them caused a reaction for her.

Oatmeal baths are great, antibiotic ointments and gentle shampoos but since you have meds. from your vet right now you need to follow exactly as your vet advises (i hope not) but maybe this will not be the end-so be sure to note whatever products you use, the exposure you dog has and clean up her areas...

I launched WWIII here when we had fleas...I hate parasites and felt so nasty having them in my house...I'm kind of neurotic about it-even things that were obviously not flea containing were dirty and had to be cleaned...I prefer steam cleaning personally doing it yourself or having a professional cleaner come in can aid in making sure it gets gone-even if she contracted it outside the home-she came home with it...

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!