View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
Chanelie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Apple View Post
So what's the reason for having this surgery? Surely it can't be to shorten the down time, after spay?...My 4 lb. Chorkie had 72 hrs. down time, only, because I kept her away from the yorkies, because she loves to fly around the house, like a bird...At 72 hrs. I cut her lose, and that was it, she was all good...Apple was 5 lbs. @ spay, and I had to stop her from jumping on the couch about a day and a half out of surger...I just watched her, so she wouldn't jump, but in a few days, there was no holding her back...Anyway, back to the reasoning, behind this surgery?...Just nosey lol...
Apparently the incision is much smaller so the damage to the abdominal muscle is less. Also since they are only removing the ovaries there is less trauma to the cavity where the uterus would need to be dissected away from and removed. I'm also reading that it seems to eliminate the risk of damage to the ureters (the tubes that pass urine from the kidneys to the bladder) because these are thin structures that lie very close to the uterus.

I guess the theory is less trauma less pain and recovery time.
Chanelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!