View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
deeda9999
Senior Yorkie Talker

I was just a short time ago posting just like you about Gilmore not potty training and me at my total wits end after months of poop and pee on the floor. I went through 3 trainers and was really ready to give up except I was so in love with him I knew I just had to keep going. He is a little over a year and he still gives no indication that he needs to go out.

What finally worked for me was going back to 100 percent crating and tethering him to me for a full month. NO exceptions. I also put bins down all over the floor in the area he was going in even though I used Natures Miracle to remove any scent that was left. You can buy an ultra violet light in petco that you use in the dark to see where there is scent left behind. It is amazing to see the spots that were there. I never once in that month gave him a chance to fail. And it worked. I wish I had done that at first because it probably would have saved me months of frustration.

I was so frustrated because I felt like I was putting in so much effort and I just didn't understand why it wasn't working. . Hang in there. I swear it gets better.

Last edited by deeda9999; 03-21-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
deeda9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!