View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
snowbird
Senior Yorkie Talker

I know exactly how you feel. I too have a 9 month old that is not potty trained. I have worked so hard at this and still she makes mistakes. I had a great week last week, she went for a week with no mistakes and then all hell broke loose. She peed on the couch again and on the floor this week. I watch her like a hawk and take her outside when she does the potty walk, yet when she plays she just seems to forget. She is not too bad during the day but from 5 to 9 at night it is crazy. I sometimes have to take her out every half hour. That is her busy play time though and she drinks a lot of water because of playing and chewing. I know she knows she has to go outside and that's what makes it so frustrating.The funny thing is she sleeps in bed with me for 8 to 10 hours and never makes a mistake. I wish I had some answers for you but I don't. I am just keeping on the schedule and hoping she is just too young yet. I know when I had her spayed, the vet said she was not as developed inside as her age so I am hoping it is just that. Maybe once those bladder muscles tighten up things will be better. Selling her or placing her with someone else is not an option for me. I love her too much. I will just have to find a way to deal with it. From all that I have read Yorkies can be diffucult to train. I am hoping that by a year or year and a half she will have gotten it.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!