View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
PismoBeachLover
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default :mad: :confused: need help with pooping in crate all of the sudden

I have a 1 1/2 yr old yorkie which we adopted at 6 months. His previous owner kept him outside most of the day due to long hours at work, hence the reason she decided to get rid of him. He is not fixed, and I already owned a female yorkie, I decided to adopt him in order to perhaps breed soon. When we adopted him, previous owner shared with us that he would be crated at nighttime and had never had any accidents, once he was allowed in the house, however, he wasn't trained, and would "go" everywhere. I thought I could easily train him the basic skills he needed, being that I'm a stay at home. We brought him home and started training him basic things, like potty training and obedience, which he learned quite quickly, in the beggining, he had a few accidents here and there when he was allowed in the house, nothing too major. At night we would crate him and he'd go outside just like his regular routine from previous owner. NEVER once had a poop incident in the crate. we kept the same routine daily and he was doing great! we've had him for 1 year. Suddenly, within the past month, he started pooping in his crate when he's down for the night. I go get him in the morning like usual, open the crate and there's a pile of dog poo sitting in there. The crate(which is the one he always had, owner gave it to me) is small enough to where he can only lay and stand, so it's not a matter of having too much room to make a mess in. I don't understand and I'm at my wit's end!!! I've had to deal with this in the last 2 weeks straight. He has pooped in his cage every day since. I take him out of the cage, bathe him, and let him back in the house, continue the "go outside to potty" routine throughout the day (he doesn't have any accidents in the house), and then at night, I crate him and comes morning, there's poop in his cage. I even kept him outside the entire day yesterday so he wouldn't get the reward of being at home due to his behavior, and he could poop to his heart's content, and I went there this morning only to find...poop in the cage!
What's the deal?? does anyone know what I can do to stop this behavior or what am I doing wrong???? please HELP!! how can I stop this??
PismoBeachLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!