View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
annbags
Yorkie Talker

Default Help!!!Pottying in the house

I have 2 yorkies that are 9 months old. I've had them since they were 8 weeks. I don't work so I have always been diligent about taking them out. I did treat them for a while when they would potty outside but I stopped doing that because it seemed they knew where to go.They are crated at night and they don't go in the crate unless we sleep in too late. I had them penned in one room when they were little then I switched that room to the kitchen (no carpeting to ruin). Then I let them in the kitchen and family room only. Now they have access to the whole first floor except my formal living room.
Even after all of this they still go in the house. If we don't see them sitting at the door, they just go on the carpet somewhere. I tried the bell thing and they never took to it. I still ring it every time we go out but they won't ring it. I've had poodles, schnauzers, and scotties and potty training was never like this. They would at least whine or bark and let me know they had to go if I didn't see them at the door. I've heard yorkies are hard to train but this is ridiculous. My basement door is at the bottom of an open staircase. My little girl dog goes down there form time to time to find our cats. Yesterday I found three spots of old poop down there. I wanted to cry. I'm desperate. My next step is to sell them. My kids are so upset.
Is nine months too young to expect them to be fully trained? Do yorkies ever fully train? Do any of you have one that is fully trained to go outside ONLY. I refuse to use potty pads. That just reinforces that it's ok to go in the house and it's gross. Thank you
annbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!