Thread: Dog Food Rating
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniMan View Post
I have used this rating system in the past and prefer it to the starred rating system usually advocated. The problem with the site that rates by stars is that they are not taking into account different breeds and diet concerns. For example, only foods with very high protein levels are rated as 6 stars- while I never recommend feeding such a high protein food to a yorkie without first have a bile acid test run and even then I don't really like it. This rating system allows for lower protein foods to be graded well.
While I do agree, it's kind of lame how on dogfoodadvisor rates all the 6 star foods as these super high protein foods, I am not really big on this rating systems either. Nutro, for example, grades a high B... Nutro is terrible, imo, and they have had a TON of quality control issues and recalls!! So it's misleading to someone thinking "Oh, I am feeding a great food!!" I think where a food is manufactured, how it is made, where the ingredients are sourced from, etc, should come into play while rating any food.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!