View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamian View Post
Lillymae, Diallo has never had any sort of back/mucle problem until last week end. My wife thinks he hurt his self trying to jump in the bed. The vet did not do an xray or mri. She said that if the problem did not go away after the meds that an xray would be done. I wil take your advice and have his backchecked properly before he mates. But other wise, Diallo is a very healthy guy.

Is there any thing I should be concerned about as he gets upther in age. I might add though, I don't think that 7 is old at all for a dog. I say that because I lost one of my pit bulls a few years ago and she was 13.

Anyway, thank you for the advice.
Well he's not really an old man yet but he is at an age where these things start to show up. Back injuries often happen in any age of a small dog especially if they are allowed to jump on & off the furniture. Do you have doggy steps or ramps to your furniture & bed ? if not it's probably time for some. Also depending on the size of your little guy he may or may not live as ling as your pit. The tinies don't have the tenancy to live as long as some of the medium & larger size ones. I had a little mix that was 23 yrs old when he passed & still looked & acted like a pup till the last few months. Then I have had a couple who passed of old age at 9 yrs old so it just depends on the dog. But I didn't mean to say that he was too old to breed, just for you to be aware the risk if he's having a spine problem .Oh and by the way he is a very Handsome little guy.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!