View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinhopark View Post
I too am thinking about getting fantatical about the whole teeth cleaning thing...but before I do, is combining all these treatments all at once doing more harm than good? I am not a vet, nor a chemist...but should we be spraying, applying gel, brushing daily (or more), adding additives to pet drinks, giving dental treats, etc... Will there be any harm of overdosing on a certain chemical, or will certain chemicals adversely interact with others?

Are these products supposed to be used solely on their own, or is it fine to use multiple treatments at once without any ill effects? As long as it is not introducing new hazards to the pets life, then I am all for it...I am looking for ways to reduce the number of dental cleanings for my little guys, because the thought of them going under and possibly not waking up makes me really nervous.

Yes, I am a fanatic about teeth cleaning.. But I do have a routine for cleaning and NO I don't use all of this every single time I brush. Here is my little routine:

I do brush morning and night. I find this the most beneficial part. No matter what product you use, I truly believe regular brushing makes ALL the difference. Right now I am using C.E.T toothpaste. Because I am out of the Oxyfresh. Thought I would try it and so far I really like it.

As far as Petzlife gel goes, I do use this as a weekly treament. I only use it once a week, and if I am using this I opt out on brushing with toothpaste. I use this in place of the toothpaste.

For the C.E.T chews , she gets 1 chew once a day. Alot of others give Bully sticks, Flossies, Texas toothpicks etc.. I just decided to try these as well. I really think chewing helps teeth and reduce plaque buildup. Find what works for you... I am really impressed with these so far and she LOVES them!

Lastly as far as the water additive I have this on hand but I honestly don't use this very often. I sometimes will spray this in her mouth for a quick little rinse. But mostly BRUSHING is the most important thing..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!