View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
jinhopark
Yorkie Yakker

Default Plaque Attack - Legit or Typical Infomercial Scam?

I'm sure many of you fellow yorkie owners have been faced with some pretty high dental cleanings and/or extractions, despite some diligent effort to brush your yorkie's teeth...at least I know that I have.

Just through ignorance, we figured if we kept our little guys away from soft foods and table scraps, used Greenies from time to time, and brushed their teeth once a month we would be able to keep the teeth of our little guys in good shape.

Last year after a suggested dental cleaning (which is not cheap), each of our guys lost 2 or 3 teeth and their gums were not in the best of shape...which was not fun to find out. I was really thrown back by this, but the vet sort of put me at ease and said they have plenty of teeth and will be able to live a perfectly normal life. Dental problems with toy breeds are common, the vet stated it having a lot to due with small jaws and crowding of teeth. They also suggested annual teeth cleanings...

I sort of balked at the idea of having my little guys put under every year to have their teeth cleaned...so I decided to try and brush their teeth more frequently and we started using a blue colored water additive made by Simple Solution. This years dental cleaning went a lot smoother, no tooth extractions and their gums were in a lot better shape, but the vet did say the teeth are heavily stained and may not appear to have been thoroughly cleaned...he did commend me on my teeth cleaning efforts.

I did some research and was about to pull the trigger on this product called Pet Kiss Plaque and Tartar Control:

Plaque & Tartar Control (water additive) - 32 oz. (16 oz x 2) [PLAQUE32oz] - $36.99 : PetKiss.com, All Natural Pet Products

But then I recently saw an infomercial for this stuff called Plaque Attack:

Plaque Attack Reviews - Healthy Teeth and Bad Breath Treatment for Pets

Seemed pretty simple? Just spray on daily...

Does anyone have any first hand experience with either this Pet Kiss stuff or the Plaque Attack stuff?

Or if anyone has any other dental care suggestions that would be great. Thanks!

Last edited by jinhopark; 03-14-2011 at 06:30 AM.
jinhopark is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!