View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Default Both dogs with LP

So the vet said BOTH Chip and Smokey have LP. Smokey has it in both legs, Chip has it in just one. Thankfully she said it's not bad at all and almost not even worth mentioning, but she definitely said I should be aware. I was very surprised hearing about Smokey because he has never shown any signs of an issue. Chip does limp on his right leg sometimes, so I wasn't too surprised. She recommended joint supplements which I picked some up at PetSmart. It said to give the dogs 10 lbs and under 1/2 a tablet, so when I tried to give it to them, they wouldn't take it. They both spit it right out even though it is supposed to be Peanut Butter flavored. Today I found a can of wet food I bought last week when I panicked about Chip getting a tooth extracted and decided to try and crush the tablet and mix it in about a teaspoon of the wet food and give it to each of the dogs. They ate it right up! Hopefully giving them the supplement will slow down the progression and help their joints. If anyone has any tips on what to do to keep their joints as healthy as possible while it's still early, PLEASE let me know.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!