View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiewerDiva View Post
I'm sorry to inundate - I have searched the forum and haven't found anything pertaining to this: the YTCA updated their disqualifications saying that a dog can only be disqualified if it a solid color, unusual combination of colors,
or parti-colors. It mentioned that it can take 3 or more years for a coat to mature. So, my question is .. is there a way to know that the coat on my Yorkie will turn blue? I mean, what I'm trying to say is when I start entering her in about a year, and she's still black .. then that is undesirable, right? Help, I'm confused.
What is difficult to understand is that while the standard specifically addresses color and the DQ, we present our dogs for evaluation to an AKC Judge and each judge's interpretation of the standard is different. I will say that I have a male that did not break color until the age of two.

So many things come into play when your pup is morphing into their final adult coat.

However, I'm interpreting from your post as that you don't plan to enter your girl intil she is a year, right? I would suggest you enter her sooner. While you train outside the ring, there is no training like the actual ring. The ring assits you in the final decison of whether your dog has the makings of a show dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!