View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
bellajayne
Senior Yorkie Talker

We are going on vacation in May and our Bella is going with us due to the same reasons! I've left her for a couple of days 2 different times and the first was at home with someone taking care of her and she wanted NOTHING to do with that and the second time was at my in-laws home and she wouldn't come out from under their kitchen table! So...we won't try that again! We drove last summer to Cape Cod and took her, she was great and it worked out perfectly. This time we are flying to Myrtle Beach (she will fly in her carrier under my seat) and I've booked a hotel that accepts dogs, I've researched it on tripadvisor.com and it gets great reviews.

For me, this is the best way to go. I wouldn't relax on vacation knowing how she was previously for 2 days let a lone leaving her for 7! I have things I'm nervous about with taking her also though...will it limit us with activities having her along, will I dare leave her in the room when I need to in an unfamiliar place, BUT I think it will be better for us if I can manage it and be assured that she is fine. I'm lucky because my family understands and accepts this as what we need to do to have a vacation!

I know how you feel though....you don't want them sad
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!