View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Jackson was 7 months old when neutered.... I remember he had lifted his leg a few weeks prior to the neuter on my dads carpeted screened in porch furniture, so I went uh-oh!! Then I scheduled the neuter. He's never ever marked indoors (except once at Petsmart) since so I dunno if the neuter had anything to do with that, or if he just thought the porch was part of outside. He did hump a lot (stuffed animals) before the neuter and that pretty much stopped, though he still has a favorite teddy bear, LOL!! I let him occasionally, I don't see harm in it. I have not seen his "lipstick" since before the neuter. And not gonna lie, it really grossed me out... he was standing up and it was like touching the ground *gag*

I wouldn't say Jackson's ever been "hyper"... he's not what I'd have considered a hyper pup but he has certainly always been really active. If that makes any sense at all, he's not hyper but active. I don't think neutering really calmed him down. He will be 3 in October of this year and is still just as active as he was at 10 weeks old. He's not the kind of dog that is okay with staying in the house for more than like one day. He needs at LEAST an hour long walk per day and if we don't get a walk, he needs a 1-2 hour dog park trip, playing fetch at home with his Kong balls, and doing mental/trick training every night.

Last edited by Britster; 03-02-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!