View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
dawn41677
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused 3 year old female yorkie gone MAD!

Okay so maybe not MAD but she is either CLEARLY MAD at me or she is protesting something! Lets start with some back ground as this is my first post here.. We got Izzy when she was 3 months old and she was a very very very sick little girl Kennel Cough wheezing this lasted for a good 3 months many many many doctors visits (horrible breeder! thankfully she got in trouble and is no longer breeding) so this whole stint of being sick really hampered our OUTSIDE potty training as it was winter and we tried to keep her out of the cold as much as possible. SO we puppy pad trained her.. which she does pretty well she LOVES to potty on the carpet so we gated off the bedrooms problem solved... We have had problems here and there with her peeing or pooping on rugs in the house but once we correct her she stops... UNTIL NOW! she REFUSES to potty outside or on her puppy pads... she chooses to potty on any rug in the house.... so I took up all the rugs and crated her I turned my back (after going outside) she pee'd on the floor.. I am at my wits end and I am thinking my husband is going to call that show on animal planet "the dog or me" I have read and read and read and read but cant seem to find much on ADULT problems. I know Yorkies are stubborn this is nothing new... BUT this has gone on for a week and I just don't know what to do! We also have a 2 year old English Bulldog that is completely house broken (outside) this helps none! What can I do I WOULD love to do away with the puppy pads and have her go completely outside... I might add that when she goes outside she marks everywhere ( she is fixed ) Sorry this is so long Please feel free to ask any questions I am desperate here!!
dawn41677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!