View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Dzbabykel
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I think I already answered your question in another one of your threads but I'll repost here

First off, it concerns me that your breeder is letting her pups go at 6 to 7 weeks of age. That is WAY too young to be let go from their mother and litter mates, puppies should stay with them til about 12 weeks of age.

As for crate training, 9 hours is a very long time to be away from a brand new puppy. You have to remember, their bladders are very tiny and need to go more frequently. As they get older they have better bladder control and can hold it for more hours but as babies they don't have this control. Also yorkies are prone to hypoglycemia and it would worry me that if not fed for 9 hours, your baby could go into shock and would be alone Puppies that are crate trained need a strict schedule and I can't image being able to stay on schedule while being gone for 9 hours, but I could be wrong! Do you have a neighbor or family member that could check on him each day?

I don't mean to scare you but puppies really need a lot of attention. Now that mine is almost 11 months, I actually had to resort back to crate training since he relapsed, but I'm able to leave him for 8 hours if I have to bc he has bladder control. I still go take him out every 4 hours but if necessary he could hold it for 8. I would just do some research on yorkie puppies, I'm no expert, but they really need a lot of time and attention at their age, ESPECIALLY if your breeder gives you the pup at 6 or 7 weeks! I would seriously ask her if she could keep your baby a bit longer, best of luck to you!!
Dzbabykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!