Thread: Flea season!
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #13
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzbabykel View Post
Frontline is a magnet for fleas?? Thats what my Vet gave me to use...should I be using something else??

Also, what are the signs of a pup with fleas...Oliver's been itching more than usual near his ear but he was just taken to the vet for neutering a few days ago and she never mentioned anything. Thanks
The frontline worked well on Rizzo last year, no problems with fleas on him...meanwhile it seemed like I couldn't keep fleas off my cat. Last season was a nightmare, and it seems like Fatso still has problems with fleas.

The itching at the base of the tail is usually a sign that they have fleas. Place Oliver over a moist paper towel and give him a good scratching, if any black dirt comes off of him, it'll hit the paper towel and "melt" into blood. That is flea dirt and means you have some de-fleaing of pet/house/car (if he takes frequent trips)/and outside of your house to do. Fleas are a total nightmare! I hate them all! It seems that certain parts of the country/world the fleas are more resilient than others. If frontline doesn't work for you I'd check with your vet to see what else he recommends.

Last edited by Deuce; 02-23-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!