View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #30
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
That's not very nice..."non-reputable" hmmmm not everyone is YTCA members...or likes their standards...just because someone breeds off colored or non show or fault colored Yorkies doesn't make them non-reputable by any means...things like breeding practices, care of their dogs, placement concerns etc make them reputable and non-reputable in my opinion. Of course so does their sale practices.

Given many off (or fault) colored Yorkies are bred by greeders, unfortunately some people only use color as the breeding quality and that is dangerous. Most people getting a Yorkie are not looking for a show quality Yorkie, they are looking for a pet. But still the generalization in saying someone is non-reputable just because they don't breeder per YTCA standards doesn't make them such...I have a Parti and think they are the most wonderful...weather the YTCA agrees or not...finally the AKC does that's good enough for me. My Elvis is a black and silver Parti on his papers

Yorkshire Terrier -
Above is the Parti Yorkie Club, they have their own shows for Partis and can give out information on other fault colored Yorkies to people.
There is also the Biewer Club, personally I think its silly they are all Yorkies.
agree

I think the non-reputable part would only apply to breeders who over charge unknowable people. Also-- like you said -- if they are breeding just for the color not for other good health qualities. From what I have read, most, if not all YT members want healthy puppies- they love their yorkies what ever the color!!! Some are "purest" and focused on what a standard Yorkie is -- which is fine, I just don't like people putting down a person who wants a HEALTHY dog that is different. Or falls in love with a yorkie that is different. They are all wonderful dogs!!
GEE if we stayed pure on the yorkie breed.. it would still be like the ORGINIAL YORKIE that was breed to hunt rats.. and surly not 3 to 7 lbs!!! So good honest healthy change is not a bad thing... if done right.

Last edited by Lil Sis; 02-20-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: add
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!