Thread: so sad :-(
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #28
misslissa
YT 1000 Club Member

In my area the stores run to both extremes the petsmart by my house is awesome.
the staff is knowledgeable they all have pets. when I got custody of my brother and sister i also got a guinea pig i had no clue how to care for them so I went to petsmart and asked they wear very helpful answered all my questions and helped me find treats and vitamin c drops for it. the woman in charge of small animal and fish even gave me her personal number for if i had a problem. the take dead fish out right away and put them in tiny tanks in the back (dead fish do happen) I have never seen a dead or sick anything else in that store. I have not had training there but I have spoken with the trainers and one of them did Gatsby cgc test and was amazing about it she spent hours on the phone trying to see if he could walk on a harness because I refused to attach a leach to his collar.

now the other pet smart is dirty stinky the staff don't care and i have been in there and seen dogs poop on the floor and everyone pretend they did not see it.

we have a store called pet supplies plus which is the same way one of them is excellent they have amazing staff they take the animals out and play with them the bunnies(and whatever else needs it) gets a fan when its hot they keep all the animals groomed and clean they will help you find what is best for you.

the other one is a horror they killed 4 bunnies because they over heated they allowed a iguana to get so big,and left it in a teeny tiny cage. that its leg become deformed and it had to have surgery to remove the dead skin it had been trying to shed. they allowed a gecko to overheat and starve to death because the only way the knew to get it out would have squished it and made a mess that they did not want to clean up the store is dirty and the animals are always unhealthy they never help you and will sometimes give you bad information to be funny.

not all big chain pet stores are horrible go and see a few in your area,you might get lucky and have a nice one you can visit on a regular basis

Last edited by misslissa; 02-20-2011 at 09:14 AM.
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!