Thread: A New Hope
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
TxVicki
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennxling View Post
I have recently rescued a little girl and I have contacted rescues to see if any can take her in as her medical bill will be more than I can afford. I'm a student who is passionate about saving animals, but am limited financially. Unfortunately, the rescues that I have contacted will only take dogs without medical needs...which I thought was absurd. Thus, I have decided to help her myself and I have taken her to the vet to get an estimate of all that she needs.

The story of Hope:
The start of Hope's life is a mystery, but it sure did not lead her to a happy life. She was not provided the basic care a dog needs, both physically and emotionally. Her teeth are rotting inside her mouth, which makes it difficult for her to eat. She is so skinny that you can feel her every rib, ribcage, and spine. She has cried so much that the skin below her eyes are scabbing. Her hairs are so matted (even on her tiny tail!) because nobody really cared about her. Her nipples are evidence that she's given birth before, which breaks your heart because she weighs barely 4 lbs.
Hope have been traumatized by her experiences. Have you ever met a dog that crouches at the sight of strangers? A dog that is not into treats because she doesn't know what it is? A dog that doesn't know a thing about sniffing and rolling around in the grass? Well, that's Hope, whose original name was Chanel. I have renamed her Hope because I know she has the potential to be the best yorkie she's destined to be, despite her history. Please, let us all give Hope a second chance!

Thank you!
What Rescue groups have you contacted? As I know that YTNR and another group called United Yorkie Rescue do take in Yorkies that need medical attention.
You also stated at the the top of this post you were looking for a rescue to take her in, then you stated you were going to this yourself. This poor baby needs to see a Vet immediately and have blood work done and get on some antibiotic for those teeth.
While I commend you for taking in this baby, you also stated you can't afford the Medical needs that she needs so very badly as you are student. You should never take in what you can't afford. PLEASE contact a Rescue to take this baby so she can get the helps she so very much needs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!