View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
joekhoo
Yorkie Yakker

Question Question on getting another Yorkie

Today I went to the same breeder I got Tezel. I brought Tezel there and this is the his first time back to see his breeder after a month. She was very please to see Tezel and very delighted that Tezel is all happy and bubbly in his new home. As we were chatting, I told her about my plan to get a friend for Tezel as he could be a bit lonely when I'm off to office. She brought out a few puppies and one of them is Tezel's sister. Surprisingly Tezel can still recognize her and both of them were happying playing with each other, ignoring the rest of the puppies. I spent a couple of hours there and playing with some of her dogs. 1 thing that caught my attention was Tezel's sister will always curl up to me, coming to my lap and letting me hold her for a long time (longer than what Tezel would allow me to hold...hmm). She will hop onto my lap and try to get very close to me and of coz Tezel gets a bit jealous when I pay attention to her. Both of them will curl up to me eventually... haha.

So, question is, would it be ok for me to get 2 sibling yorkie? I mean, will there be any complication or it would be better not to get siblings. I know they have no problem getting along with each other but I'm not too sure if I am missing anything here. Another point that the breeder brought up was, there might be a possibility of in-breeding if I'm not careful enough. If so, would that be any problem? Just need some advise from the experts here. Tezel is 5 months now...so is his sister.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.
joekhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!