Thread: so sad :-(
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #19
babbsiam44
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineNoelle View Post
DH and I went to petco to pick the girls up a few things this afternoon. While shopping for them each a new dress I noticed one of their trainers "PULLING" around a very tiny maltese with a leash and a COLLAR. The poor baby was sitting on the floor as she was being pulled around by this trainer, while she explained to the pups owner why you had to pull the dog around like this, until they understand how to walk on a leash. I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I asked the trainer why she had a collar on that poor puppy while she had her on a leash and why she was pulling her around like that. She instantly became huffy and told me this is how you train a dog to walk on a leash, blah, blah, blah..... I told her, NO, that is the way to give the pup a collapsed trachea and that she should use a harness. She did not agree with me, but I didn't expect that she would, but at least I was able to give the owner something to think about. The little puppy was probably about 8 weeks old. Sorry this is long, but this really irritated me. Poor little puppy.
If I ever saw ANYONE pulling my dog around like that I honestly can tell you there would have been an incident at Petco that day. For the owner to sit there and watch someone pulling their little one around like a child with a stuffed dog on a leash dragging it on the floor is amazing to me. Seeing that when you asked the trainer about it and with a "no good response" you should have turned your attention to the owner themselves and explained the cons about the collar, the dragging, suffering, vet bills, death...and how ignorant this trainer really is. Oooo, argh or whatever you might say, this makes me mad!!!
babbsiam44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!