View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #10
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I would definitely keep them until they can be altered! I would also be doing thorough screening of all people interested. Anyone who does not want to answer questions is not good enough....period. The one best way to measure a person's ability to properly care fo a yorkie is their vetting history. I suggest you ask each one for a vet reference. And...when you call the vet do not just ask if the person is good. Ask very specific questions such as how many pets has the person taken to the vet...list each pet and then ask individual questions about whether they were altered, did they have yearly checkups and heartworm testing, did they purchase heartworm preventatives ( I ask when and how much they purchase so that I Know that the pup was getting them consistently).....also ask about dental care! If a person does not want you speaking to their vet, you don't want them to have your puppy! Also, do a home check! Lots of things can be found out by doing one of them
Good luck!
But "before" asking for a Vet. reference, first ask if they have any experience in raising a dog. Otherwise, they will tell you they don't have a reference because they have never had a dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!