View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
REC
Yorkie Yakker

I have two size crates. One is small for traveling and sleeping at night and the other is larger (the vet told me to get one big enough for when he is older) I use the larger one while at work. It is large enough for everything to fit in, although I was told, by the vet, not to do food all day just mornings and nights. 24 hour acess to food makes potty training harder she said. I understand that he is not old enough to hold it all day while I'm at work, but I really think my fustrations are coming from when I get home and take him out if he doesn't go then I put him back in the crate for 15-20 minutes and try again. We do this from 5 until 10 at night and he just will not go outside or if he does he still comes inside and does it again. When he goes outside we celebrate with treats and hugs and kisses and tons of praises - "Good Boys" I feel like I'm leaving him in the crate to much cause he will not potty outside and after being outside and not going he has to go back to the crate and my son wants to play with him.
I have read on here that some are 10-12 weeks old and already pad trained and mine just plays with and shreds the potty pads. He is very playful and wants to play all the time. Even when we need to be serious and potty outside. Wylie was my son's birthday present and he is an only child. He wants a play buddy and I feel like I'm depriving both of them.
REC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!