Thread: coconut oil
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
What is a booboo? Is that a yorkie bootie ? Do you mean you use it, say, if the The Dingle Monster visits? I would never have thought of that, but what a good idea.
Booboos are minor cuts and scrapes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyqueen View Post
I have to ask why on there teeth what are the benefits.
It is a natural antibacterial and antifungal, and can remove plaque... The company I buy the oil from makes a coconut oil toothpaste for people... also I had a horrible toothache last month and put some CO on it, it stopprd the throbbing pain better than Orajel... took longer though but it doesn't make your whole mouth numb... plus whatever caused it healed up.. (I bit down wrong and loosened the tooth). Now I just put a drop or two on top of my regular toothpaste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz4all4 View Post
didnt do much coat wise for my dogs but made them greasy. I have used it for their ears before though and that worked out good. I myself use it on super dry skin, cuts, etc and it works great. I just wish it worked better for my dogs.
Feeding it to my dogs: two got oily on 2 tsp daily, so I cut it back to 1/2 tsp for the 12 pounder and 1/4 for the 8 pounders. I am noticing much improvement...

I also apply it topically to their coats when I comb them out, esp to the ends... really helps and after a day or two the oil is either absorbed or rubbed off on the rug and furniture.... (JK)

One of mine had some kind of flakey skin issue going on... it cleared up in less than a month... she also had a chronic ear thing happening... now that's just about gone (tried meds from the vet first but it came right back). Now we're down to a once weekly cleaning with the CO and she appears to be doing fine. She's comfortable, not itching, and hardly any debris coming out of her ears at all.... and smells better.

I especially like to use it after plucking the ear hair out... I think it's soothing afterwards.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!