View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
LuluB
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REC View Post
My little fur baby is 12-1/2 weeks old and I'm having a really hard time with potty training. I have talked to the vet and she said I'm doing everything right but he is just NOT getting it. He will go outside but he also goes inside. He does not have the concept of letting me know he needs to go potty. Any advice on how to teach them to let you know they need to go outside.

If I take him out and he does not go he comes back in and goes straight to the kennel for about 15 minutes and we try again. After I finally get him to go outside then he can come in and play with the family and usually while we are playing he pees or poops again in the house. It may be 15 minutes or 1 hour you never know. It is really driving me crazy. He is so cute but we have a brand new house and I don't want him to ruin the carpet.

I always have treats in my pocket and I praise him to all ends and give him a treat when he goes outside, and I fuss and clap my hands together loudly and yell NO when he goes in the house. He runs under the sofa and hides, so he knows it is wrong. I just can't get the going to the doors thing down yet. Is he still to young?
I know that we just got our puppy saturday. She was older. 17 weeks. She has only had 1 accident in the house and goes to the door when she needs to go. Maybe your pup is still to young. Lulu has 1 little corner of the yard where she goes to do her business... Maybe if your puppy goes poo in the house take it outside and put it where you want it to go potty. It took her forever to find her "spot" in the yard but she will not go anywhere else now. Hope it gets better for you. Its just like potty training a toddler
LuluB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!