View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
TankNPico
Yorkie Yakker

Default I can relate.....

I have been brushing my Maltese's teeth for 9 years with great results. He's had 2 cleanings and, most recently, one hand-scraping where the vet reported little tartar in those 9 years.

Now, Tank the Yorkshire Terror, is another matter. He turns 1 next week and I haven't started with him but after we get his patella fixed, he's in for it!

I can't even imagine how that is going to go. He is VERY interested in Pico when I am brushing his teeth. I think he's attracted to the chicken toothpaste so tonight I may start just rubbing some on his teeth with my fingers. He's already accustomed to me running my fingers over his teeth.

Partly because I am always looking for "what are you eating now?"!!!!! And pulling leaves, twigs, magnolia seeds, etc. out of his mouth. Cat poop is the worst! After pulling that out one time I am much more vigilant when he is in the back yard where the neighbor cats like to potty. (Oh, but they need to ROAM!) Right. But that's another issue.

So we'll see how that goes. I have not put the water additive in because I don't understand how that works and with Pico's MVD (liver anomaly) I am careful about what my Maltese ingests. If anyone has any information about that I'd be interested.

Wish me luck!
TankNPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!